In this day and age when a tourist is looking to take some time off and explore the world, he’s often spoilt for choice. There are several countries that are replete with beautiful architectural wonders, tropical shores and snow-capped mountainous ranges that have managed to steal tourist’s hearts. But out of these countries, there are a few destinations which have managed to make tourists return time and time again. However, do make sure you have you Schengen Visa sorted before venturing out to explore these two remarkable countries.
Every country on our list makes a delightful destination to embark on a vacation. The criteria for what makes a country a stunning tourist destination is pretty subjective. Many factors need to be taken into consideration right from the spectacular geographical landscapes and magnificent man-made wonders to the savory culinary delights, there’s something in store for everyone.
To be honest, there are innumerable countries that could have made our list but we are absolutely certain that the two countries we have mentioned on this list provide ample justice to those that were left off.
The two countries which we have shortlisted below will likely fill your bucket list for many years to come and you can count yourself lucky if you are able to visit any of these amazing places. Take advantage of Musafir.com’s exciting Europe Tour Packages and get exploring today.
Anyone who’s been to Norway will attest to the fact that Norway is probably the most beautiful country they visited and would travel back there in a heartbeat. Norway is a gorgeous country and filled with a bevy of natural wonders at every nook and corner. Every delightful thing you have ever heard about Norway is probably true.
What makes Norway so awesome? Around every bend lies a brilliant view waiting to be discovered. The natural display of varying color within the Arctic sky, the Northern Lights, ranks amongst Norway’s biggest tourist sights. Furthermore, the fascinating cities are stunning with a spellbinding history.
Norway is one of those countries where everything is a full-sensory experience. It’s popularly known as the land of the midnight sun and rightly so as during summer, you can literally see the sun all 24 hours of the day, as the northern part of the country falls in the Arctic circle.
For adventure purists, it does not get any better than Norway. Right from hiking up the picturesque mountains to kayaking down the dazzling rivers, camping, bungy jumping, and snowboarding, the list goes on and on. Be assured that you’re in for the time of your lives and bound to have an incredible experience. Here are some of the highlights of this country.
- Norway has three popular hikes which look insanely difficult which also makes them so popular amongst tourists. Trolltunga and Pulpit Rock are remarkable locations and so is Kjeragbolten. After all, where else would it be possible to be suspended within a mountain crevice at nearly thousands of feet above the ground?
- Oslo, the capital of the country is teeming with lush greenery even in urban areas with scenic hills lying in the background. Moreover, Oslo boasts of the most epic views of lakes and mountains.
- If you’re seemingly strapped for time, then our suggestion would be to skip Oslo as you can do a whole lot more with your time. Instead, make it a point to visit places such as Bergen, Stavanger, Geirangerfjord and the Lofoten Islands which surely rank amongst the most photogenic small towns in the world. These cities exude an irresistible small-town feel with its winding cobblestone streets, adorable wooden houses, gothic churches, and a maze of white houses.
- Go exploring in the fjords of Norway or stay at the amazing fisherman cabins. Get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spot polar bears or wild reindeer, which are impressive sights in their own right.
Like Norway, Greece also lives up to its burgeoning reputation. Go swimming, snorkeling, surfing, scuba diving, wake boarding and paddle boarding in some of the most majestic waters you have ever laid your eyes on. For those who like a side of culture and mythology to go with their beach vacation, Greece is the place to be.
Greece is by no means subtle–it packs a punch in every way–from its astonishing landmarks to its cuisine–and tourists will eventually leave wanting more. It would be an unfortunate mistake to write off Greece owing to its financial and refugee problems Don’t be fooled as Greece will surely capture your imagination with its historic landmarks, phenomenal culture, extraordinary food scene, ravishing beaches and endlessly impressive hotels which will prove too hard to ignore.
If you are looking for something with a sense of history, Greece is an incredibly moving experience. From Mediterranean classics such as Moussaka, Gyros, and Souvlaki to traditional Greek specialties such as ksinotira, louza, and Meze, the many flavors of the Greek Cuisine is going to leave you spell-bound, to say the least. Here are some of the highlights a trip to Greece will entail.
- Located in heart of the Aegean Sea, the turquoise waters and mystic salt air of Mykonos will always be a draw. Spread across 53 miles, Mykonos belongs to the Cyclades group of Greek islands and is one of the most inviting places in Greece. There are several activities tourists can immerse themselves in the great glamour island of Greece. Right from the throbbing party scenes to lying down on the stunningly picturesque sandy beaches, Mykonos is one of the most inviting places in Greece.
- Scattered along the western coastline of Central Greece, The Ionian Islands deserve a special mention. With its pleasant climate, an array of olive and cypress trees, and forested mountains, the Ionian Islands is easily one of Greece’s most striking cliff-backed beaches, whose white sands are surrounded by spectacular turquoise waters leading to a deeper azure sea. Amongst the six core Ionian islands, Corfu, Zakynthos, Kefalonia, and Lefkada are the most popular holiday islands.
- No visit to this country would be complete without making a visit to the Athens, popularly considered the symbol of Greece. Greece’s capital city, Athens is flanked by the three hills, Mt Ymettos, Parnitha and Pendeli, and lies by the Mediterranean Sea. Athens plays host to numerous monuments dedicated to Greek gods such as The Acropolis, Parthenon, Syntagma Square, Temple of Olympian Zeus, and the old Olympic Stadium. The Acropolis, in particular, is extremely popular amongst tourists from across the globe.